Dental implants are more common than you think. They are used typically when a tooth is no longer salvageable due to disease or breakage. A dental implant is a permanent solution to a loss of a tooth. It is an attractive new artificial tooth with a great track record for longevity, and with none of the issues that accompany non permanent dentures and bridges.
So, why would you want a dental implant?
- You need all your teeth. When a tooth has to be removed due to disease or damage, it’s not advisable to just leave an empty space there. It will impact your ability to chew, it can cause unnatural wear and tear and misalignment, too. In addition, teeth provide structure to your face and also are essential for good pronunciation.
- That million dollar smile. After struggling with a tooth that is dying, you may have noticed its color changing. If your tooth has been damaged, you may be self conscious of a chip or break. Having a durable dental implant immediately improves your smile and puts a beautiful white (to match your other teeth) tooth right where it belongs.
- Tooth 2.0: An implanted tooth is tougher than a “real tooth” and impervious to cavities. Pretty cool! But they still need to be brushed and flossed!
- The implantation procedure can be accomplished with minimal pain and very little down time. Once the damaged or diseased tooth has been removed and your mouth has sufficiently recovered, a screw is implanted into your upper or lower jaw. After the jaw accepts the screw, then the implanted tooth is attached to the metal screw.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution. They are securely attached and never move or need to be taken out.
Dental implants are a popular, permanent solution to the problem of irreversibly damaged or diseased teeth that need to be removed. We will help you through the dental implantation process so that you will be smiling brightly after all is said and done!