We are very happy with the purchase of our newest dental laser technology. This newest equipment provides a state of the art set of tools for treating a variety of dental issues.
Laser tools are less invasive than traditional dental tools. They don’t make the same loud sounds. They don’t vibrate. As a result, laser technology reduces the need for anesthesia and is perfect for patients who have anxiety about dental procedures, including pediatric patients.
Some of the best uses of laser technology in a dental practice include:
- Microsurgery on very small cavities and small fissures in the enamel.
- Root Exposure
- Desensitization of sensitive teeth
- Implants (laser encourages bone growth factors)
- Very effective, sterile and gentle in working with implanted bone.
- Cleaning of root canals.
- Endodontic treatment.
- Gum treatment including debridement of swollen and infected gum tissue.
- Removal of plaque and tartar
- Crown lengthening
- Cosmetic dentistry including depigmentation of teeth, and debonding of porcelain veneers.
- Pediatric treatments like exposure of unerupted teeth.
- Frenectomy (This is a procedure to alter the frenulum which connects the upper lip to the middle of the teeth. Sometimes the frenulum causes a big space between the teeth.)
- Pulpotomy (the removal of the diseased interior of a tooth)
- Treatment of canker sores of all varieties
We are excited to have this latest technology and to pass its benefits on to you.